Effective Feb 16th, 2013 - The Certified ICD-10 Consultant® Exam is no longer available in India and the U.A.E until further notice.
Certified ICD-10 Consultant® is awarded to experienced professionals that pass the required assessment as set by ICD-10 Coders Academy and thereby demonstrate their ability to lead ICD-10 implementation project. A Certified ICD-10 Consultant® possesses skill, knowledge, and proficiency of medical coding and billing, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, GEMs, HL7 Basics, HIPAA 5010, and Regulatory Compliance framework.
A Certified ICD-10 Consultant® can:
- Understand ICD-10 coding guidelines and structure
- Interpret GEM files and use it
- Train and develop ICD-10 implementation team
- Understand Forward and Backward Mapping
- Lead ICD-10 implementation project
- Understand Mandatory HIPAA 4010 and 5010 standards